Monday, July 13, 2009

Saturday at the Cabin

On Saturday morning mommy, daddy and I loaded our car and headed north to Rush City to spend the night with our good friends Jamie, Nate and my good friend Maddy at their family cabin. It didn't quite turn out that way though. We got up there just fine and I had a blast playing with Maddy's toys, showing her how to color, playing with their puppy and looking at the lake. When it came time for me to take a nap though I wasn't happy about that and cried when I got put down. Mommy said after 15 minutes I made a screaming noise that wasn't usual and when she went to get me I had broken out in hives all over my face. So a big dose of Benadryl is what I got, then some lunch and finally I was able to sleep. Mommy and daddy meanwhile ate their lunch; daddy did some fishing while mommy took in the sun. Later that night when we were getting ready for dinner, daddy and I were playing when he noticed I had broken out in hives again all over my face and also my arms. Mommy and daddy felt very bad but knew that we couldn't stay since I kept breaking out. Mommy says it was something in the air and we needed to go home. So we repacked the car and home we came. I got a quick bath to get everything off and mommy spent all yesterday washing everything and we were all tired. I sure wanted to stay up at the cabin and go for my first boat ride, but mommy says maybe next summer we can try again to see how I do. Ah......such the life for me!!


Playing with Maddy's tunnel. Her grandma found this at a garage sale for a dollar!! Mommy says she needs one.

"Okay Maddy, when I say go, open the door and let's make a run for it."

Daddy and me taking a walk on the dock.


I wanted to stay and try to jump in the water, it's the biggest bathtub I've ever seen!

Maddy and mommy were talking about me while I was still sleeping.

If you look real close you can see the fish daddy caught!! Way to go daddy!!!

This is Jessica, mommy says she's known her all her life. She was a VERY nice puppy to play with.

The last picture before we had to go......just two peas in a pod!

No comments: