Monday, March 29, 2010

First Flood

Yesterday mommy, daddy and I went downtown to check out one of the roads that was closed because of flooding. I guess there's a big river called the Minnesota River that flows through our town and when we get a lot of snow like this year, it can flood. Mommy said the good thing is that Chaska was prepared no homes or anything were lost. So we drove downtown, parked and got to walk across one of the bridges that's closed to check it out. It was a good walk and very interesting to see!!

Daddy and me walking across the bridge to check out all the water.
"WOW!!" Look at all that water!

Here's a good picture showing how high the river is. Those trees are not even supposed to be close to the water and way in the back you can see stairs that go right into the river.

We walked along one of the trails until we couldn't go any further. Daddy's trying to explain that the rest of the trail is under water.

"Um, I think I'll just look at the water from up here thank you."

Then we drove down to the baseball field in town which is the worst area right now. The entire field is under water and I guess some people said the water had gone down a lot. I don't know, that's still a lot of water!!

But just to be safe, my playgroup friends ((Avery & Gavin)) and I are preparing for the worst!!

Mommy took a quick video to show how fast the water was moving and you can kind of hear how loud it is.

No comments: