Daddy and me at the Festival...I had just woken up from a nap.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Renaissance Festival
On Saturday mommy and daddy took me to the Renaissance Festival which is very close to our house. Mommy and daddy have been going to them for many, many years. Except for last year they didn't go because mommy was pregnant with me and she said it was too hot to go. So she wasn't going to miss a chance to go this year. So we got all packed and went for the afternoon. I got to see all kinds of dogs, jokers, kings, queens and a beautiful fairy. Mommy and daddy had their lunch and I had mine. I even got a bag full of wooden trucks to play with and a small wooden blade which I carry around in my hand when I crawl. But soon it was time to go as mommy was getting hot and there was getting to be a lot of people at the festival. So we made our way back to the car. We get to the car and daddy loaded me in and mommy unloaded our stroller and had tossed a pop bottle in the backseat. She got in the front and daddy got in to drive us home when he asked where the pop bottle was. He got out and grabbed it and then got back in the car and opened it. Now this is where mommy says, "do you know what happens when you open a pop bottle that has been tossed around?" Well, daddy opened it and it EXPLODED inside mommy's car. Daddy will tell you that most of it got on him, which is partially true. However, a majority of it got all over mommy's car. To say mommy was not happy is an understatement. So daddy drove us home and took a shower while mommy changed me and I played in the living room. Then mommy had to go back outside and clean the inside of her car when she said all she wanted to do was rest and play with me inside. So she wasn't very happy that afternoon but she says she's fine now and her car is all clean. And despite that, we had a very fun day and I'm looking forward to going back next year!
Trying on hats, maybe I'll be Robin Hood for Halloween?
Or a Joker....but how can I catch the bells and put them in my mouth?
The beautiful fairy that came and played some music for me. She was sure pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Nolan, I know just what face your mommy made when that pop bottle exploded in her car. I bet you laughed a little in the back sit, didn't you!? That's okay. I'm glad you had fun at the Ren Fest and I hope I get to go with you next year!
Post a Comment