Mommy, daddy and I spent our Memorial Weekend by kicking off what mommy calls, "our summer of projects." On Friday we went to a big store called Home Depot where mommy took forever in picking out flowers to plant outside. We got those planted and then on Saturday daddy went to another store and ordered something called brick pavers to be delivered so that he could start landscaping the yard. He and mommy spent a great deal of time on Saturday, while I was sleeping of course, plotting out how the pavers would look and finally on Sunday the brick was delivered and daddy started digging up the yard. He's been working on it ever since and while it will be at least another weekend or two before it's done, it sure looks different. Daddy took today off and is finishing up the last side of the house before he and mommy then order some plants and rock to finish it off. Boy, all this hard work sure can make a guy tired! Is is playtime yet???

The side yard before the digging begins

The brick arrives and daddy starts digging

"Okay daddy, now take those bricks behind you and lay them on the ground. But make sure to straighten the others out and clean up your mess when your done."

Our front yard prior to digging.

Inspecting daddy's digging work

"Okay daddy, you better let me use this hammer ((don't worry, it's really light)) and I'll use it to straighten the bricks out."

Daddy's still digging away, not much further now!

Daddy's little helper
1 comment:
It looks like you're making sure Daddy does a good job. He's lucky to have such a great foreman to work with him! I'll see you on Saturday ~ I can't wait to spend the afternoon playing trucks and cars and watching you drive your own car! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment