Monday, May 4, 2009

Polka-Dots

Well, my day started out like any normal day lately for me. I woke up, mommy came in, picked me up and we looked out my window. She laid me on my changing table to change my diaper and when she unzipped my jammies, she found these spots all over me. Yes.....just another day in the life of me. So once again mommy called my doctor and this afternoon we went yet again to the doctor's office. So what's going on? Well we found out that I, like mommy, am now allergic to Penicillin. Last week when mommy and daddy took me in after I was up coughing all night, the doctor saw I had an ear infection and put me on Amoxicillin, which I am now allergic too. ((And yes it can take up to 7 days for any reaction to occur, even mommy was surprised.)) The spots really look a whole lot worse than they are. The good news is that so far I don't even notice them and they don't itch at all. But just to be safe mommy had to put special stuff in my bath water and has to give me Benadryl for the next few days. Agh.....what I would give to have a normal day with no spots, no nebulizer, no medicines, no lotions, and no cough. Hopefully I outgrow this.......and soon. Oh and yea, the scratch on my face?? Maybe mommy shouldn't wait so long next time to cut my fingernails.

2 comments:

Auntie Chelle said...

Oh, all those spots! I'm so glad they don't itch. You should ask Mommy to give you a marker and you can play connect the dots while you have them. See you soon!

tali said...

Nolan, you still look so happy! Must be all that love from mom, dad and everyone else who loves you.