Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ouch!

Yesterday I had a very accident prone day as mommy calls it. At the park, mommy and I went down a side-by-side slide. I went down a second sooner than mommy thought and when I got to the bottom of the slide I fell over and caught myself with my hands. But when mommy landed she landed right on my hand with her foot! It didn't hurt much and I brushed it off and went right on playing. After the park we came home to warm up and have a snack. When mommy was hanging up our coats I wanted to help her close the closet door, but when I did that my thumb was in the way and I closed the door on my thumb! That hurt a lot and I cried and cried. Mommy didn't realize until I had calmed down that I had given myself a pretty good blood blister. It really doesn't hurt bad now, I just don't understand why it won't come off. I'm always asking mommy to wash my hands to get it off. Mommy says we'll have to wait and it will come off eventually but until then I'll just have to get used to it. And I'll be staying away from closet doors from now on too.

3 comments:

Mrs. Loos said...

Yikes! That looks like it would hurt Nolan. Don't worry...this summer my mom was "supposed" to be watching me and I ran down the hallway (tile). I tripped and fell and chipped my front tooth! Can you see why this is my mom's fault?

She feels horrible and every time I smile, she feels a small pang of sadness because of my chipped tooth. Oh well in a 5-6 years, I'll lose that tooth and she'll feel better!

Auntie Chelle said...

I'm glad your thumb is feeling better! Instead of playing with the closet doors, just come up to my room and we'll watch fun cartoons and music shows on my computer! You can show me all your favorite shows!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Judy just got back from Indiana seeing your cousins Autumn and Ian. I just seen your owie on your thumb, I'm sure mommy and daddy kissed it and it was all better, RIGHT!! Love ya