Monday, June 23, 2008

Poked, Prodded & Tired

Today was my six month appointment and it wore me out! First mommy and daddy had to wake me up an hour before I normally wake up so we could go and I was very confused by that. Then we get there and I have to get all undressed and sit around in my diaper. Then I get poked and prodded, pushed on, looked at, listened to and then to top it all off.......I GET SHOTS!! I did not like that at all and I let everyone know it. But mommy says we won't have to have those for a while. I am 19 lbs 11 oz and 29 inches long. I am in the 75th percentile for weight and 97th percentile for length and now get a new car seat daddy says. Mommy is also excited to start giving me other foods. I've been eating carrots for a week now and I like them. Mommy says we finally mastered the cereal thing and I now open my mouth when fed and am now able to sit in my high chair to eat. So mommy says we get to go shopping for fun foods for me to try.

But all this activity today, and the last few days, just wore me out. I'm actually napping right now, I told mommy what to post before I fell asleep, and have been napping for almost three hours which is a record for me. On top of my doctor's appointment today I'm getting over a cold I got from daddy and am recovering from having people stay at my house for the last three weeks. I'm just trying to get back on track! But mommy says we can just lounge around and recover and just plain hang out and that's just perfect for me!

No comments: