Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy Weekend

Mommy, daddy and I had a busy weekend. Daddy had to work most of the day on Saturday so mommy and I hung out that day. I helped her clean house and do laundry. On Sunday, we loaded the car and headed off to a place called Babies-R-Us to shop. Mommy and daddy say it's a place with far too many things parents don't need, but they buy it anyway. Mommy said we needed to get me a new bathtub, a highchair and something special to wear for my baptism. We were there for quite a while but we got everything we needed, and a little more. My least favorite part was when we went to the shoe section and mommy and daddy had me try on shoes. I'm pretty sure we were there for 30 minutes. Mommy and daddy say I have big feet and the tops of my feet are very large. Daddy says I inherited this gene from my grandpa in Arizona. Mommy and daddy kept getting different shoes in all sizes before finally finding the right pair that fit!

I also got my highchair. It's in the jungle theme so it matches my jumperoo, bouncy seat and my jungle mat. I get to sit in it a lot. Mommy sets it up in the kitchen so I can help her wash bottles and make dinner. Mommy doesn't think I'm quite ready to eat my cereal in it yet. They still have to do all sorts of things to get me to laugh, smile or open my mouth so I can be fed. So it's much easier to fed me in my bouncy seat right now. But the good news is that I am now eating all my cereal and I like it! Someone suggested mommy use apple juice to make the cereal instead of formula. Mommy tried it and boy did I like it!! Mommy says that now that we have that problem fixed we can concentrate on having me open my mouth when I am fed. She makes me watch a video of my friend Beckett eating in hopes I will soon be a pro like him.

Mommy put me in my highchair this afternoon and she took some pictures of me....

There's this kitty I can chew on....

And this tree that spins around and plays music.

I think I like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nolan, Your high chair looks like so much fun! I'm not going to show Beckett because then he will think his high chair is boring. =) I need to have Beckett watch your video of being on your tummy kicking and having fun, and then maybe he'll like tummy time finally!

Emilie said...

Nolan is SOOOO cute. That big smile is just precious!